10 Lies You’re Told About American Slavery
Slavery remains one of the most uncomfortable subjects in the history of the United States of America. Indeed, it can hardly be relegated to being only American “history” as we’ll soon see in greater depth. There are large groups of historical revisionists that have a vested interest in trying to downplay it or reshape it in a way that’s more comfortable for their agendas. There are also some people that have grown up with overly simplistic versions of slavery in the past and its current state. We here at TopTenz will strive do our small part to push back against both.
→Subscribe for new videos every day!
Help us translate our videos: – Learn more why you might want to help:
Find more lists at:
Entertaining and educational top 10 lists from TopTenzNet!
Subscribe to our Facebook:
Business inquiries to email@example.com
Other TopTenz Videos:
Top 10 TERRIFYING Facts About MAORI WARRIORS
Top 10 Toughest VIKING WARRIORS
10. “Abolitionism was a Popular Northern Movement”
9. “The American Civil War was Not About Slavery”
8. “Slaves Fought for the Confederacy”
7. “Slaves were Rarely Killed by Labor”
6. “Freed Slaves Took Control of Southern Governments After the American Civil War”
5. “Slaves Were Only Owned by the Wealthiest”
4. “Even if the South Won the Civil War, Slavery Would Have Ended Shortly After”
3. “The First Slaves in America Were White People!”
2. “Slavery was a Southern Problem”
1. “Slavery is Illegal in America”